Useful links and information for going Foreign and what you need to do !
1) Fill in a flight plan using Afpex
Link to new NATS AFPEX Flight Plan Website
To speak to NATS AFPEX Helpline 01489 612792
On-Line AFPEX Training Module
Simple Guide to using AFPEX
2) Submit a UK Customs Gendec (GAR)
Flights notified for
Customs & Immigration purposes should be sent to:
email@example.com (Put GAR, Registration and Airfield in the Subject of the Email)
Outbound to EU – no obligation to notify, Inbound to UK 4 hrs.
Outbound or Inbound Channel
Islands 12 Hours notice.
Instructions for GAR/GENDEC Including Special Branch
3) You may have to notify destination customs depending on where you are going.
For Example,Calais Customs http://www.aeroport.capcalaisis.fr/pilote/
Or Le Touquet firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Look for your destination Airfield plate in FranceSelect Airfield from drop down or enter ICAO of airfield. Then click on VIC (for VFR), IAC (for IFR) or Arr/Dep
5) Check the weather
Check French NOTAMS
6) Fly to France
ensuring you have your Licences & Medical.
The Aircraft Airworthiness & Reg docs, Radio Licence, Insurance Cert , Passport, Interception procedures.
ARRIVE IN FRANCE - Close Flight plan 0810 437 837 (“0810 IFR VFR”)
Toussous Le Noble France.
7) Come home and fill in your drawback form.